Avignon, 19th September 2012 – Naturex acquires1 Decas Botanical Synergies, the US expert in cranberry-derived ingredients for the Nutrition and Health industry.
Decas Botanical Synergies is an American company located in Massachusetts, specialized in Cranberry extracts and powders for the nutraceuticals (tablets, capsules, soft gels, soft chews etc.). Cultivated in North America, the Cranberry is increasingly popular as it is well-known for its ability to reduce Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs).
Capturing all the benefits of Cranberry
UTIs are the second most common type of infection in the body, accounting for about 8.1 million visits to US health care providers each year2. Produced from superior grade Cranberry, Decas Botanical Synergies ingredients comprehensive portfolio includes Proanthocyanidin (PAC) standardized powders and extracts, as well as juice concentrate powders and cold pressed seed oils. The flagship brand PACran® is supported by two clinical studies, six US and three international patents. A proprietary blend of the whole fruit, PACran® delivers the entire spectrum of the Cranberry. In addition, PACran® is the first Cranberry ingredient in the World to receive a Health Claim (in Korea), and can be labeled in the US market “PACran® helps support urinary tract health”.
Expanding Science and customers reach
Decas Botanical Synergies portfolio and team of cranberry experts will benefit from our capabilities in terms of R&D and Quality Control. It will definitely enhance our innovative products pipeline. Manufactured by our factories, we will ensure their consistent supply in Europe, Africa, the Americas and Asia through our worldwide sales network. Our aim is to pursue and accelerate the development of this portfolio perfectly in line with consumer demand for healthy, safe and convenient products – and meeting our customer’s needs with innovative and ready-to-use ingredients.
"We are delighted to welcome the Decas Botanical Synergies team into our Group. This operation allows us to become the leader in Cranberry extracts and is an excellent opportunity to strengthen our position in the development and sales of technical solutions with high-value added offerings for our customers” declared Thierry LAMBERT, the Group's Vice-President and Chief Executive Officer. Doug KLAIBER, CEO of Decas Botanical Synergies, added: "We are very pleased to join the Naturex Group and we look forward to playing an active role in this new organisation. The expertise of Naturex's scientific teams combined with the strength of its sales network will allow us to accelerate the development of our innovative and clinically substantiated product range, through a differentiating offering."
1. Acquisition by Naturex of 95% of the capital of Decas Botanical Synergies(DBS); the remaining 5% is held by Doug Klaiber, C.E.O. of DBS.
2. Schappert SM, Rechtsteiner EA. Ambulatory medical care utilization estimates for 2006. US National health statistics reports; no 8. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics; 2008.
Your contacts at Naturex:
Group Marketing Director
Tel: +334 90 23 96 89
Vice-President and C.E.O.