Reduced environmental impact from the eco-design for expanding the site in Roha (India)
As part of the expansion of our site in Roha (India), we wanted to reduce the environmental impact of the project by applying the principles of eco-design to the buildings.
We decided to follow the principles of LEED certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), which are arranged around the following themes:
- Site sustainability: charging point for electric vehicles
- Water consumption: 78% reduction in building consumption, thanks in particular to the use of a flow restrictor
- Energy and atmosphere: 100% of roofs are covered with solar panels or reflective paint, producing electricity and reducing the greenhouse gas effect, with precise monitoring of consumption through the installation of sub-meters
- Materials and resources: use of local materials with low environmental impact
- Internal air quality: use of air-conditioning units without CFCs and allowing an air change rate of 30% above the ASHRAE standard, thus guaranteeing good internal air quality
Implementation of this package of measures has been validated by a third party (Indian Green Building Council), allowing us to reach the Gold standard!
Naturex is the global leader in specialty plant-based natural ingredients. Through its dedicated business units, the Group addresses the specific needs of three strategic markets: Food & Beverages, Nutrition & Health, and Personal Care. The company offers its customers a full array of high-quality ingredients, responsibly sourced from nature for food, nutraceutical and cosmetic applications.
Naturex’s head office is in Avignon, France. The company employs more than 1,700 people and benefits from eight sourcing offices around the world and high-performance manufacturing operations across 15 sites in Europe, Morocco, the United States, Brazil, Australia, India, and Chile. It also has a global commercial presence through a dedicated network of 25 sales offices.
Your Naturex contacts:
Group Marketing Director
Tel: +33 (0)4 90 23 96 89
Media Relations Manager
Tel : +33 (0)4 90 23 96 89